At Woodfield Primary School, we recognise that the personal development of pupils, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally plays a significant part in their ability to learn and achieve. We provide an education that ensures our children have a range of opportunities to develop an understanding and appreciation of their role within the community and to foster a positive caring attitude towards others.
Engaging in a range of fundraising opportunities is a great way for our children to begin to understand the challenges that face people from both the local community and beyond. Take a look at the fundraising events we have been part of this year and some of the exciting things we have planned in the future!
- In September our Trust Ambassadors, Harry and Nisha helped to organise a coffee morning in support of MacMillan’s Biggest Coffee Morning. Staff in school were only too happy to treat themselves to a slice (or two!) of cake in exchange for a donation to this fantastic cause.
- As part of our Harvest Festival Celebrations, children brought in donations of food and toiletries to support the Trussell Trust Doncaster Foodbank.
- On November 15th we ended our Healthy Families Week by raising money for Children in Need. Our children were challenged to come to school in their sportiest clothes and join in with a Joe Wicks’ HIIT workout.
- Our staff and children were sad to hear about the devastating floods which affected parts of Doncaster in November. Donations of money to buy cleaning products and cleaning products themselves were collected and delivered to the resource centre in Bentley by Mrs Gunn.
- On Thursday 5th December we held our annual Elf Dash for Bluebell Wood. Children and parents from KS1 and KS2 enjoyed a festive walk around the playground followed by hot chocolate and tasty treats. In addition we also sold tickets for our chocolate explosion.
We are incredibly grateful to our generous parents and carers who enable their children to support such worthwhile causes and to learn more about how they can help others. We have a number of other events planned over the school year and look forward to updating you about.